Kids Health Alliance is a not-for-profit network of partners working to create a child- and family-centred, high quality, consistent, coordinated approach to pediatric care. Our goal is to achieve a better child, youth and family experience, improve health outcomes and generate greater value. Kids Health Alliance was founded in 2017 by The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids), Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital (Holland Bloorview) and CHEO.
KHA has made tangible improvements in the delivery of health care to children and youth close to home. For example,
- Improved the child, youth and family experience – supporting the rollout of tailored approaches and tools to improve child and family centered care
- Built capacity to deliver high-quality, safe pediatric care – over 350 interprofessional team members in Emergency Departments and Neonatal Intensive Care Units have participated in KHA education programs
- Reduced variation and improved health outcomes through the implementation of evidence-based care
- Improved transitions across care settings
- Developed shared scorecards for Emergency Department care and asthma care
- Shared evidence based practices and policies
- Implemented a common asthma Clinical Practice Guideline
- Focused on efficiency through identification of shared back office opportunities
Visit the Working Together page for additional KHA achievements.Why are we here?